Mr Shamsi El-Hasani MBChB, FRCS, FRCS(Ed), CABS, DS, CCST
Mr El-Hasani has specialised for 32 years in upper gastrointestinal, gall bladder and weight loss surgery. Most of his work involves the use of laparoscopic (key hole) surgery.
So far he has performed 1500 laparoscopic Gastric Bands, 600 laparoscopic Gastric Bypasses, and 195 endoscopic insertions of Gastric Balloon. He also regularly performs laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomies, and accepts the management of revisional bariatric surgery.
Mr El-Hasani is closely involved in the surgical management of type 2 diabetes and he has recent international publication in this field.
Mr El-Hasani’s other surgical profile includes over 10,000 gastroscopies, 2300 laparoscopic cholecystectomies, 2600 laparoscopic repair of abdominal wall hernias and 600 laparoscopic surgical procedures for gastro-oesphageal reflux.
Mr El-Hasani has published two international publications on Bariatric Surgery:
- Gastric Plication Can Reduce Slippage Rate After Laparoscopic Gastric Banding. Shamsi El-Hasani – JSLS ( 2010 ) 14:221-227
- Can Roux-en-Y gastric bypass provide a lifelong solution for diabetes mellitus? Shamsi El-Hasani – Canadian Journal of Surgery, vol. 52, No 6, December 2009
He is a member of the following associations:
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Endoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgeons
- British Bariatric Surgical Society
- International Federation of Surgery for Obesity
Mr El-Hasani provides the Gastric Balloon, Gastric Band, MGB Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve, and Gastric Plication procedures.