Prof. Senapati MBBS, MS, FRCS, FRCS (Gen Surg)
Prof. Senapati is one of the leading Upper GI and Bariatric surgeons in the North West of England. He has been a consultant surgeon for 10 years. With his extensive surgical experience he has undertaken thousands of laparoscopic surgical procedures during this time.
Following the completion of his higher surgical training he visited leading centres in America, Australia and Japan as a Surgical Fellow. This enabled him to enhance his skills in managing complex upper GI and Bariatric patients.
Prof. Senapati has presented extensively at both national and international level and he has published many significant papers in peer reviewed journals. Currently he is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Manchester, a Member of the Diabetes and Obesity Research Network and CRG member for Obesity in England.
He specialises in laparoscopic gastric cancer surgery, ambulatory bariatric surgery, day case surgery and enhanced recovery. He is currently based at Salford Royal Hospital, which is the regional centre for Upper GI and Bariatric surgery.
Prof. Senapati is a member of the following organisations:
- International Federation of Surgical Obesity
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society
- Association of Surgeons of GB and Ireland
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons of GB and Ireland
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgeons
- British Medical Association
- British International Doctors Association
Prof. Senapati provides Gastric Band and Gastric Sleeve procedures in Manchester.