Mr Paul C Leeder MBChB, MD, FRCS, FRCS (Gen Surg)
Mr Leeder is a Consultant General, Upper Gastrointestinal, Bariatric (Weight-Loss) & Laparoscopic (Key Hole) Surgeon.
Paul Leeder qualified as a doctor from the University of Sheffield in 1989. He trained in surgery in Nottingham, Leeds and Oxford, followed by a specialist fellowship in laparoscopic (Key-hole) surgery in Adelaide, Australia.
Mr Leeder is on the GMC Specialist Register and commenced a full-time consultant post in general, upper gastrointestinal and laparoscopic surgery at Derby in 2002.
Mr Leeder has had specialist training in obesity (weight loss) surgery in Adelaide, Lyon, Hamburg and Leeds.
Mr Leeder’s main areas of interest include treatment of obesity, gastro-oesophageal cancers, reflux disease, gallstones and hernia.
He is principal investigator for several national & international trials in surgery and helped set up the East Midlands Bariatric & Metabolic Institute (EMBMI).
All of Mr Leeder’s surgical outcome data is submitted to national cancer and bariatric audits for peer review.
He is a member of the following organizations:
- Director of Education and Member of Council of Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (ALSGBI)
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons (AUGIS)
- British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS)
- British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG)
- Secretary Elect for Grey Turner Surgical Club (GTSC)
- International Federation of the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
Mr Leeder provides Gastric Balloon, Adjustable Gastric Band and Sleeve Gastrectomy