Mr Akeil Samier MBChB, CCN, FRCS
Mr Samier has an interest in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery, general surgery and upper gastrointestinal surgery. He specialises in bariatric (weight loss) surgery.
Mr Samier undertook surgical training at the gastrointestinal unit of the internationally acclaimed Academic Medical Centre (AMC) in Amsterdam. After completing further training in Switzerland and France, he moved to the UK to undertake a fellowship in bariatric and gastrointestinal surgery in Newcastle.
He then became a Consultant surgeon and in his NHS role he leads the bariatric surgery team at Darlington Memorial Hospital.
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- Dutch Society of General Surgery
- Dutch Medical Council
Mr Samier provides the Gastric Balloon, the Gastric Band and the Gastric Sleeve.